The story of our family...for my sons



Monday, October 8, 2012

...blows my mind...




This is one of those "small world moments" that seem to come to me every so often. The top photo is of a patch that identifies the Department of Alaska (Alaska before it was a state). The middle picture appeared in the LA Times in the winter of 1947 and shows my sister (Toni) and I in our snow suits getting ready for a day on the slopes at Snow Valley in Southern California (notice the patches on our suits). The third photo was taken in my son's (Josh) bar in Kentucky. He bought it at a garage sale in Carson, California years ago from a Filipino. I didn't put it all together until last month when I was trying to remember where I've seen that image. I thought it had something to do with Alaska, but couldn't remember where I've seen the image. I had been looking at old family photos for about 2 days. In the middle of the night I woke up suddenly, went to a photo album and pulled the picture of my sister and I, and there it was...the patch. Genetic memory, coincidence? I don't know, but it is weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment